Sunday, December 22, 2013

Cranberry Sangria


This year I thought I was really on top of things, and then it happened.

Christmas totally snuck up on me!

I don't know if it was because Thanksgiving was so late, but I feel like it is way too soon for the holiday to be upon us.  How is it only 3 days away?

I'm thinking this whole working thing is really starting to get in the way of my personal life.  Too bad I only have, oh, about 40 more years to go.

Speaking of work, last weekend I hosted a brunch with my girlfriends from my first job out of college.  Hard to believe that was almost 9 years ago already!  We try to get together at least once a year around the holidays, and if possible once in the summer.

The weather was, shall we say festive... a pretty dusting of snow, that held off enough to allow for their safe travel from New York and North Jersey.  We enjoyed a nice spread of coffee cake, pumpkin muffins, quiche, maple-coated bacon, and chopped greek salad.  Not to mention cranberry sangria.

I'm not a big drinker but I am usually a sucker for  a good margarita, and a good glass of sangria.  I like that this one had cranberry for the holiday.  Not too sweet or heavy, but it will still put a little jingle in your bells.

I totally could have used a glass (or three) of this a few weeks ago, when I was trying to get a photo of Mini for our family Christmas card.

This child does not sit still - not for one second.  True definition of "Ants in the Pants."

I need one of those high-speed cameras just to have a prayer of getting a shot that is not a complete blur.

Somehow I managed to capture a few gems - but it certainly wasn't easy!


In any event, amidst all the craziness that often accompanies this season, I hope you can take some time to relax (preferably, with a glass of cranberry sangria.)  Whatever you do - please, please, please just enjoy your holidays!!

Cranberry Sangria

  • 1 bottle (750mL) dry red wine
  • 1 C. cranberry juice
  • 1 C. orange juice
  • 1/4 C. brandy
  • 1/3 C. Triple Sec
  • 1 orange, thinly sliced
  • 1 lime, thinly sliced
  • 1/3 C. fresh cranberries, some crushed

Combine all liquid ingredients in a large glass pitcher.  Add fruit.  Chill 2-8 hours before serving.

Recipe Adapted from the Editors of Publications International, Ltd..  "Cranberry SangrĂ­a"  31 August 2006.  HowStuffWorks.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments!

If you have a question or problem you can also feel free to email me at vittlesandbits@gmail.com. Thanks for visiting :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...